Roommate Request Guidelines
1. Both residents involved in a roommate change must provide consent and approval by individually completing this Roommate Request form.
2. Depending on the circumstances of the request, Residence Life may require that all involved residents meet with staff for roommate mediation.
3. Residence Life staff will inspect the condition of the requestor's current room(s) in order to assess potential damage acquired during occupancy. Damage charges may be applied to the requestors account at this time.
4. The conduct history of all requesting parties will be reviewed.
5. The Office of Residence Life will review the Roommate Request and notify requestor(s) upon approval.
Do not move until you have recieved official approval. Moving prior to department approval is a conduct violation.
Roommate Requests will not be considered until pending damages charges are paid in full. Unpaid damages charges will result in an official account HOLD, prohibiting students from registering for future classes. If you are charged for damages, it is your responsibiity you communicate to the to Residence Life once those charges are paid.
While most requests are approved, the Office of Residence Life reserves the right to assign any vacancy based upon the needs of the residential community and may therefore decline a request.